Descripción: National and global collaboration in research and development (R&D) is becoming increasingly important in creating the knowledge that makes research and business more competitive. Multinational enterprises have increased their research and development (R&D) investment in different countries. These multiple sites encourage the development of more ideas, due to the varied international backgrounds in global networks and the knowledge spillovers. In order to secure the viability of business processes, services and products R&D teams need to access and retrieve information from as many sources as possible. From the other perspective virtual teams are important mechanisms for organizations seeking to control scarce resources across geographic and other boundaries. Moreover, virtual collaboration has become vital for most organizations. This is particularly true in the context of designing new product and innovative services. In this paper all the major aspects of Virtual R&D team are discussed in technical terms. The paper provides an integral definition and characterization of virtual R&D team. The potential value that is created by virtual R&D teams for new product development is explored. Lastly, pertinent practical guidelines and implications are presented.
Tipo de recurso: preprint -
Tipo de Interactividad: Expositivo
Nivel de Interactividad: muy bajo
Audiencia: Estudiante - Profesor - Autor -
Requerimientos técnicos: Browser: Any -
Fecha de contribución: -ago-2011
- Virtual R&D teams and SMEs growth: A comparative study between Iranian and Malaysian SMEs This paper explores potential advantages of using virtual teams for small and medium-sized enterpris...
- Envisages of New Product Developments in Small and Medium Enterprises through Virtual Team New product development (NPD) in small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) virtual team has not been...
- Virtual Teams: A New Opportunity to Develop a Business Virtual teams give many advantages to organizations, including increased knowledge sharing and impro...
- SMEs; Virtual research and development (R&D) teams and new product development: A literature review Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are indeed the engines of global economic growth. Their co...
- Virtual Teams for New Product Development – An Innovative Experience for R&D Engineers New interaction tools such as internet allow companies to gain valuable input from research and deve...
Dealing With Virtual R&d Teams In New Product Development