Jun 18, ’12 7:00 AM
Top 5 Tips posts from the SME Blog are always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Ensure that all members of the team are equipped with the right technology to make the team a success. Technological problems are one of the major barriers to the performance of a virtual team.
2. Understand that if people in your virtual team are from different countries they may have very different ways of doing things in accordance with their culture or religion. These differences should be understood and accepted, even if it means making allowances for them.
3. Straight away, you should let the rest of the team know what is expected of them in terms of punctuality and meeting deadlines etc. Set the ground rules now to avoid conflict later.
4. As the project manager, trust your team to be able to work together to come up with solutions, rather than running everything past you. If the team has you involved every step of the way then things simply won’t get done.
5. If it is feasible, try to organise a physical meeting too at some stage. Teams always work better if they have been able to bond with one another.
Virtual Team | THE SMALL BUSINESS BLOG