Volume 51, 2012, Pages 677–681
The World Conference on Design, Arts and Education (DAE-2012), May 1-3 2012, Antalya, Turkey
Online Collaborative Environments in the Creative Process of Product Development for Engineering Students
- Graphics Technologies Research Centre, Universitat PolitŽcnica de Valencia, Camino de Vera s/n, Valencia 46022. Spain
On-line collaborative platforms are identified within a technological strategy over the internet permit designers and product engineering to work in collaboration during the creative process in the development of new products.
At a university level, teaching the use of collaboration tools has on the one hand centered on informing about the potential of the network for sharing and managing information about students in design projects that are becoming increasingly more multi-disciplinary. The need to define and improve knowledge about development stages in industrial products will permit assessing the use of more optimum collaboration tools and applications in each design process generically and to further knowledge about the possibilities these tools have in the scope of promotion and communication with end users. The results of the developed a tests for evaluating on-line collaborative environments with engineering students at the Polytechnic University of Valencia shows the potential in using these technologies in education.
- Collaborative design;
- Collaborative on-line tools;
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT);
- Web 2.0;
- Industrial Design
- Aneca, 2006
- Aneca, (2006). Libro blanco sobre las Titulaciones de Grado en el ámbito de la Ingeniería Industrial. ANECA, Agencia Nacional de Evaluación de la Calidad y Acreditación.
- Bai et al., 2005
- Bai Y.W., Chen Z.N., Bin H.Z., y Hu J. (2005). Collaborative design in product development based on product layout model. Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, Vol. 21 pp.55-65. DOI: 10.1109/FINTDI. 2011.5945966.
- Çavuş, 2007
- Çavuş, N. (2007). tha evaluation of the attitudes of information systems students to data and communication tools. Cypriot Journal of Educational Sciences, 2(2).
- Joslin et al., 2003
- Joslin C., Pandzic I. S., Thalman N. M. (2003). Trends in networked collaborative virtual environments. Computer Communications. Vol. 26 pp. 430-437.
- Magal-Royo et al., 2010
- Magal-Royo T., Defez B., Gimenez-López J.L.& Dunai L. (2010) El aprendizaje colaborativo dentro del grado de comunicación audiovisual. XV Congreso Internacional de Tecnologías para la Educación y el Conocimiento: Redes sociales para el aprendizaje.
- Magal-Royo et al., 2011
- Magal-Royo T., Jorda-Albiñana, B., Ciscar-Cuña, J. & Tortajada-Montanana, I., (2011). New collaboration tools applied to design teaching. Promotion and Innovation with New Technologies in Engineering Education (FINTDI), 5-6 May, pp. 1-7.
- Ocak, 2010
- Ocak, M. (2010). Blend or not to blend: a study investigating faculty members perceptions of blended teaching. World Journal on Educational Technology, 2(3), 196-205.
- OpenDesigNet website, 2012
- OpenDesigNet website, (2012): http://www.OpenDesigNet.com http://www.upv.es/estudios/grados/grado-en-ingenieria-en-diseno-industrial-y-desarrollo-de-productos-es.html acceded 10 March 2012.
- Ren et al., 2011
- Ren Z., Yang F., Bouchlaghem N.M., & Anumba C.J. (2011). Multi-disciplinary collaborative building design. A comparative study between multi-agent systems and multi-disciplinary optimisation approaches. Automation in Construction. Vol. 20 n.5 pp. 537-549.
- UPV-ETSID, 2012
- UPV-ETSID, (2012) website. http://www.etsid.upv.es acceded 10 March 2012.
- Wang Q, 2009
- Wang Q (2009). Design and evaluation of a collaborative learning environment. Computers & Education Vol. 53, pp.1138-1146.
- Zhan et al., 2003
- Zhan H.F., Lee W.B., Cheung C.F., Kwok S.K. & Gu X.J. (2003). A web-based collaborative product design platform for dispersed network manufacturing. Journal of Materials Processing Technology Vol. 138. pp. 600-604.
Copyright © 2012 Published by Elsevier Ltd.
ScienceDirect.com - Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences - Online Collaborative Environments in the Creative Process of Product Development for Engineering Students